- Connect and power on the crate and boot up the PC. Check if "Other PCI bridge device" and "PCI devices" show up in Device Manager.
- Run "NI Device Drivers CD" from Aug 2011, reboot. Note: starting with a newer version of the Device Drivers CD, NI-VISA, or NI PXI Platform Services should also install the necessary drivers.
- If Device Manager shows a problem on a "PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge" device (error code 31) or does not show an "Other PCI Bridge Device," there may be a compatibility problem with the host system BIOS. Update the BIOS if possible. If that still does resolve the problem, follow the steps in the NI MXI-Express BIOS Compatibility software. For example, the combination of Lenovo Thinkpad L512 and PXI-1033 crate connected via NI ExpressCard-8360 requires this update.
- Verify NI PXI 8360 and PXI-6221 are recognized after reboot.
- Install xManager. Reboot as directed.
- The xMap drivers should have been installed correctly now, if not, try the following procedures.
- Extract plx_64bit_drivers_v6.31.
- In Device Manager open the 2 "Other PCI bridge device", update drivers, and select the extracted 64-bit PLX directory.
- Device Manager should now recognize an XIA xMAP Digital Spectrometer (64-bit) under Other Devices.
Package with 64-bit drivers for xMAP (PLX v6.31): plx_64bit_drivers_v6.31.zip